September 30, 2009

Stepping up to the Big Leagues

When I created this blog over the summer one of my intentions was to provide a level of football insight that is hard to come by in the states. Living in the Spanish (footballing) capital has provided me to local fan insight as well as daily newspapers such as Marca that are dedicated to the sport. With that being said, I still was researching news, rumors, etc, from go-to sources. While perusing ESPN’s Soccernet website, I came across a vacancy for a Real Madrid Correspondent. I applied using this blog to demonstrate my writing examples and football knowledge as well as pitching that my location would be vital for local, passionate opinions hard to find elsewhere. After week of hearing nothing, all hope gone out the window, the email came inviting me to join Soccernet’s prestigious soccer blogging staff. I obliged. Thus, you can now follow my work on Soccernet (http://blogs.soccernet.com/realmadrid/); however, I do not intend on stopping with El Partido Maravilloso. Postings may become more scarce, but I have every intention of continuing with my opinions on the whole of Spanish football not just those surrounding Los Blancos.

As always, I appreciate any comments, critics, etc. from any readers in regards to either of the blogs. Only five matches into the season, the 2009-2010 La Liga campaign is shaping up to be a very exciting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment